For men and women.
Women’s Health Physiotherapy covers all areas relating to Obstetrics (pregnancy) and Gynaecology. Our specialist women’s health physiotherapist can advise you on incontinence related problems, back and pelvic pain during pregnancy, ante and post-natal exercises, especially pelvic floor exercises.
Pelvic health physiotherapy is the therapeutic treatment of all conditions affecting the pelvis, the pelvic floor and the core. From incontinence to prolapse, pelvic pain to post natal review, constipation or Gynaecological pre/rehab, there is a growing body of evidence that pelvic health physiotherapy can alleviate, restore and strengthen these systems and re-establish function and improve quality of life.
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Bladder issues (leakage, urgency, increased frequency, bladder pain)
- Bowel issues (leakage, urgency, constipation, rectal pain, incomplete emptying)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Sexual pain (vulvodynia,vaginismus, dyspareunia)
- Menopausal health
- Pre and post operative rehabilitation
- Abdominal scar therapy
- Gynaecological surgery pre/rehab
Pregnancy and childbirth is a joyous occasion with the birth of a cherished one but the process of carrying and birthing a baby can leave some women with pelvic floor and abdominal weakness. Many new mothers report urinary leakage, vaginal discomfort, sexual dysfunction or scar discomfort with many unsure who to turn to for help. i will carry out a detailed assessment of posture, breathing technique, scar review and abdominal and pelvic floor tone and strength to provide a individualised rehabilitation plan of exercises and lifestyle advice to enable you to restore strength and function.
Areas We Can Help With
- Mummy Top to Toe Review (6wks plus). This service incorporates postural assessment.
- Breathing control
- Abdominal separation
- Scar review management (C-Section/perineal)
- Pelvic floor assessment
- Return to exercise
- Advice and recommendations